WEIRD & WONDERFUL FOOTBALL SHIRTS
Pub date 30th March – in stock now!
Richard Johnson’s stunning exposition of iconic and unconventional football shirts includes countless never before seen in print. The A-Z showcases 240 groundbreaking classics and all the coolest curios – plus a glimpse into the future of football kit design. Order now and you’ll receive a bonus set of four limited-edition postcards.
The Got, Not Got Football Gift Book is a collector’s treasure trove in catalogue format, packed full of vintage goodies that will inspire a heady swirl of greed, envy and lust.
ALSO: Gary James’s Manchester City Folklore explores the club’s mythology. Simon Kimber & Gary Silke’s Can’t Buy That Feeling is the Best of The Fox Interviews. And Rob Stokes’ Glove Story is the Number 1 Book for Goalkeepers, Past & Present.
Do you dream of pulling on a quilted green or Dayglo orange football shirt? Does it make you sigh, just thinking about enormous latex gloves – or of diving in muddy puddles?
If so, this might just be the football book for you.
Glove Story is a visual feast, featuring a unique collection of goalkeeping memorabilia and original illustrations by Doug Nash. Gloves and stars’ shirts from the 60s to date, vintage games and equipment catalogues appear alongside photography covering goalkeeping from park to international level. We’ve put up a few sample pics on the Got Not Got blog.
The book sets out to capture the essence of what it means to be a goalkeeper, shining a light on the concerns and obsessions of everyone who has ever been a member of the Keepers’ Union. We’re talking:
- Exclusive interviews with legendary goalkeepers – memories, tips, stories, plus ‘My First Gloves’
- Games, toys and memorabilia – from Subbuteo and Striker to Tonka and Corinthians
- Features on all the top brands – adidas, uhlsport, reusch, Coffer, Sondico, Sells…
- Secret goalies, from Arthur Conan Doyle and Che Guevara to David Icke
- The evolution of goalkeeping shirts, gloves, boots, training and thinking
- Memories of goalkeeping summer schools
- Fictional, cartoon, stand-in and endorsement-friendly keepers
- The dawn of modern goalkeeping, coaching and development
- The greatest ever saves, quotations, superstitions, blunders and Kids in Kit
- Budgie – and whether Goalkeepers are Crazy, or just Different…
Click here for more details, or to preorder Glove Story for a tenner.
If you’re a fan of the Got, Not Got books, a follower of Rob Stokes and his incredible collection of goalie gloves and memorabilia, or maybe on the lookout for a special birthday present for the goalie in your life, you might like a special Glove Story gift package.
So what do you get for your extra fiver on top of the regular £10 cover price?
- Your copy of the book will be personally dedicated and signed by the authors
- Your own birthday / Father’s Day / Christmas message or greeting can also be added to the title page
- You’ll get an exclusive Glove Story key ring
- And a Glove Story sticker set!
If you’d like to receive a bespoke signed and dedicated Glove Story, you just need to let us know the extra details.
1) Please use the ‘order notes’ field to enter the message you’d like added to the title page, including the name of the recipient.
2) It’s as simple as that!
Happy Christmas, Grandad!
Across Glove Story‘s beautiful endpapers you’ll find 80 of the world’s greatest ever keepers, all captured in unmistakable style by the book’s illustrator, Doug Nash.
Doug is selling posters of his goalie-friendly creations – complete with correct kit, gloves and boots – at his own website, TheArtOfGoalkeeping.com. He offers posters and T-shirts featuring the goalies from the book as well as other shot-stopping stars from many individual clubs.
To celebrate the launch of Glove Story, Doug has created for Conker Editions an exclusive Home International Greats A2 poster, which features his selection of the finest British goalies ever to pull on the hallowed yellow nylon of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. From Banks and Shilton to James and Hart; Pat Jennings and Harry Gregg; Alan Rough, Jim Leighton, Andy Goram; from Leigh Richmond Roose via Gary Sprake to Wayne Hennessey, they’re all lined up for duty. Bring back the Home Internationals!
Who needs wallpaper when you’ve got the chance to collect up giant A2 Art of Goalkeeping goalie posters? Check out the Great British Internationals edition – with added zoom!
Following the lead of author Rob Stokes, all the author royalties from Glove Story will be donated to Willow, the only UK charity supporting seriously ill 16 to 40 years old through Special Days.
This donation represents the collective effort of a whole team of writers, photographers, illustrators, other individuals and businesses involved in the production of the book. Likewise, the book’s illustrator Doug Nash is going to donate a proportion of his Glove Story/Art of Goalkeeping poster sales to the charity.