It’s out at last! Glove Story 2 by Rob Stokes, Derek Hammond & Gary Silke.
Order now for the regular RRP of £14 and you won’t just be the first kid on your street to own a copy – you’ll also receive a limited-edition set of three iconic GS2 keeper postcards designed by our illustrator Doug Nash.
Are you, or have you ever been, a goalkeeper? Do you dream of owning the biggest pair of oversize latex gloves in your school, club or local pub? Does the sight of a bulging goal net make you feel distinctly woozy? If so, this may be another football book for you.
Three seasons on since Glove Story made its acclaimed debut, the same crack team of collectors and nostalgics are ready for a big-league comeback. In a lavishly enlarged second edition, Glove Story 2 delves deep into Rob Stokes’ amazing collection of goalkeeping memorabilia – not just hundreds of pairs of rare vintage gloves but also equipment catalogues, games, glovebags, videos and even special football boots for goalies.
This catch-all compendium of keeper culture features shared memories galore, all suffused with GK lore. Like The Godfather 2 and Toy Story 2, Glove Story 2 is a sequel that expands on the original with yet more larger-than-life characters and terrific stories – including the highlights of conversations with over 30 goalkeeping stars. With a foreword by Arsenal & TV sport legend Bob Wilson.
Read Glove Story 2 and you will discover:
• Hundreds of images of rare and vintage goalkeeper memorabilia never before seen in print
• Top keepers’ choices of their greatest inspirations and influences
• Kid gloves – your own snaps of junior shotstoppers at work, and meeting their goalkeeper heroes
• All the great brands – and many more that fell by the wayside
• Plus keeper tips, programmes, stamps, TV keepers, the American Invasion, coaching evolution, goaliemobiles, and adverts with rubbish puns…
Click here to read a selection of the critical praise for Glove Story.