Richard Johnson’s long-awaited debut, The A-Z of Weird & Wonderful Football Shirts, is already a critically acclaimed cult classic. Check out the feedback on the Must-Read Reviews link above!
Order now from Conker for the regular RRP of £15 you’ll also receive a bonus exclusive set of four limited-edition W&W postcards – you can check them out in the Conker Shop!
From the first woollen jumpers to the latest ultra-light jerseys, football shirts have always been a huge part of a football club’s identity. Seeing your team take the field in their traditional colours instils a great sense of pride in a fan. But what if your heroes ran out looking like the Incredible Hulk, or as if they’d been skinned alive? How about a team of giant hotdogs, or 11 broccoli florets?
The A-Z of Weird & Wonderful Football Shirts showcases one man’s vast collection of the most iconic and unconventional offerings, spanning the 80s to the present day. It offers not only an overview of groundbreaking classics and all the coolest curios but also a glimpse into the future of football kit design.
Featuring countless shirts never before seen in print, here is a connoisseur’s collection of 240 show-stoppers – including the best of the 21st century’s new generation of shirts:
– Perfectly reflects today’s fast-expanding, ever-evolving market for collectable football shirts
– Includes all-time favourites by familiar manufacturers such as Adidas, Hummel, Le Coq Sportif and Puma – as well as their undervalued template shirts, second and third strips
– Jaw-dropping all-over-print design classics from the UK, Europe and all around the world – Peru, Indonesia, the USA, Mexico, the USSR, Japan, Australia and many more
– Unbelievable scratch ‘n’ sniff, rubberised, ‘onesie’ and reversible ‘goal celebration’ shirts
– Rare limited-edition tribute shirts and anniversary kits, one-off commemorative and charity shirts
– The laissez-faire all-over-print revolution, and the looming potential for any club to gain publicity, fans, column inches, sponsors and fast cash from kit sales. It’s the future for football shirts…
Click here to order The A-Z of Weird & Wonderful Football Shirts.