THE GOT, NOT GOT FOOTBALL GIFT BOOK
Out now – with free set of football cards!
At long last, it’s the big new Got, Not Got book from Hammond & Silke. Based on your mum’s glossy mail-order catalogue from the good old 20th century, The Got, Not Got Football Gift Book is packed full of memories and memorabilia.
It’s a romp. A visual treat. A collector’s treasure trove. With jokes and social history and loads of stuff in sections – Toys & Games, Tech, Kit, Food & Drink, Cards & Stickers, Programmes… – that will inspire a heady vintage swirl of greed, envy and lust.
ALSO: Gary James’s Manchester City Folklore explores the club’s mythology. Simon Kimber & Gary Silke’s Can’t Buy That Feeling is the Best of The Fox Interviews. And Rob Stokes’ Glove Story is the Number 1 Book for Goalkeepers, Past & Present.
The Got, Not Got Football Gift Book is Hammond and Silke’s new vintage football catalogue, packed with tons of fab football stuff and delightful old rubbish from the good old 20th century. It’s a celebration of your mum’s old Kays/Grattans/John Noble flickfest, with sections including Kit, Tech, Food & Drink, Stickers, Clobber, Travel, Progs and more. A visual treat. A collector’s treasure trove. So get your felt pen out now and get ready to circle all your wants and needs! Plus – buy direct from Conker a get a free set of 9 (NINE) football cards
Do you remember the feeling you used to get, poring over the glossy pages of your mum’s mail-order catalogue, craving new football kit, cool games and hot tech? Now you can bask once again in that heady vintage swirl of greed, envy and lust. Don’t miss out on the flash white boots you always longed for. The Subbuteo teams of your dreams are finally within your grasp…
The Got, Not Got Football Gift Book is crammed with all the most desirable stuff of the past 50 years – not to mention a liberal sprinkling of delightful old rubbish that was once flogged to wide-eyed soccer kids. Seasoned with bittersweet stories from the lost world of football, its catalogue sections cover everything from must-have football fashions and classic console games to favourite sticker albums and comics.
Big and colourful, hilarious and hypnotic, the Gift Book provides a ready-made Christmas list for optimistic fans, triggering just the same heartfelt yearning as the irresistible Autumn/Winter catalogue of yore. Need! Need! Need!
THE GOT, NOT GOT FOOTBALL GIFT BOOK – Every Fan’s Catalogue of Desires
By Derek Hammond & Gary Silke
A4 Paperback – 168 pages – 30 September 2019
£16 with free set of nine football collector cards
On sale from this Friday at midday – a special limited edition gift bundle complete with a new Glove Story keyring!
They only cost £2.50 extra to the £10 cover price of the book, and this will be donated to the Willow Foundation (see article below) along with the usual author royalties.
If you’re a fan of the Got, Not Got books, a follower of Rob Stokes and his incredible collection of goalie gloves and memorabilia, or maybe on the lookout for a special birthday present for the goalie in your life, you might like a special Glove Story gift package.
So what do you get for your extra £2.50 on top of the regular £10 cover price?
- An exclusive limited-edition Glove Story key ring
- Your copy of the book will be personally signed by the authors
- An optional dedication. Your own birthday / Father’s Day / other message or greeting can also be added to the title page
If you’d like to receive a bespoke dedicated Glove Story, you just need to let us know the extra details.
1) Please use the ‘order notes’ field to enter the message you’d like added to the title page, including the name of the recipient.
2) It’s as simple as that!
Happy birthday to ‘The Cat’…
Can’t Buy That Feeling – Inside Leicester City is published on 16 July, and is available now to pre-order. Fully colour illustrated throughout, the book features over 100 star interviews taken from 30 years of The FOX.
Interviewees include Micky Adams, Alan Birchenall, Matt Elliott, Matty Fryatt, David Gibson, Lenny Glover, Muzzy Izzet, Pontus Kaamark, Andy King, Neil Lennon, Ian Marshall, Martin O’Neill, Frank O’Farrell, Sven Goran Eriksson, Jimmy Walsh, Frank Worthington and many more…
The FOX has been interviewing Leicester City players, managers, famous fans and board members for almost three decades, building up a body of work that takes you right into the very fabric of the club, with memories spanning the last 60 years.
As a City fan, you’ve come to know hundreds of players through their performance on the pitch, through potted career biographies and football sticker images. But what about the real characters behind the blue shirt and the back-page reports?
Can’t Buy That Feeling takes you inside Leicester City from the perspective of those who were there – behind the scenes at the long-running soap opera packed with moments of comedy and tragedy, triumph and disaster, silverware and financial ruin.
Read the best of The FOX interviews and you will discover:
- How it feels to score a last-minute winner at Wembley
- Who bore the brunt of Stan Collymore’s fire extinguisher
- How it feels to be a World Cup winner, and axed by Leicester City
- Which City star was run out of his local for moving to Leicester
- The identity of the City player who chased half the Chelsea team down the tunnel
- Players’ big-match memories, their real opinions of their bosses, team-mates and fans…
Gary James’s long-awaited new book, Manchester City Folklore: What Every Blue Needs to Know is now available to pre-order in a special subscribers’ offer.
All for the regular RRP of £15, early subscribers will see their names added to a roll of honour in the book; your copy will be signed and personally dedicated by the author, and you’ll receive it before the official publication date in August.
Representing the fruits of six years’ research by the acclaimed Manchester football historian, City Folklore is a must-read for every fan of the club. Packed with colour images, it reveals countless new stories and insights into the mythology of Manchester City.
Manchester City Folklore reveals an incredible array of stories, true Blue moments and characters that helped shape the club. This is City’s DNA, originally researched and mapped by acclaimed historian Gary James.
Based on the popular feature in the official City programme, the book gets right to the heart of the club. Read Manchester City Folklore and you will discover:
- The latest exclusive research into the birth of the club – as told by a witness present at its formation in 1880
- How City chants started – from ‘Blue Moon’ to an anthem based on a ‘60s film
- Why Blue? The significance of City’s first colours and other kits
- The story of the Kippax
- The unique attributes of City’s great captains, comparing every major trophy-winning skipper
- Your own part in the story: records and facts demonstrating the loyalty of City’s fans
- Dozens more nuggets providing insights into City’s great history and status as a Mancunian institution stretching back to the 19th century
Gary James is the author of 16 books on Manchester football, and cares passionately about ensuring City’s story is properly recorded. Gary has been a season ticket holder since 1984, and a programme contributor since 1994.
Do you dream of pulling on a quilted green or Dayglo orange football shirt? Does it make you sigh, just thinking about enormous latex gloves – or of diving in muddy puddles?
If so, this might just be the football book for you.
Glove Story is a visual feast, featuring a unique collection of goalkeeping memorabilia and original illustrations by Doug Nash. Gloves and stars’ shirts from the 60s to date, vintage games and equipment catalogues appear alongside photography covering goalkeeping from park to international level. We’ve put up a few sample pics on the Got Not Got blog.
The book sets out to capture the essence of what it means to be a goalkeeper, shining a light on the concerns and obsessions of everyone who has ever been a member of the Keepers’ Union. We’re talking:
- Exclusive interviews with legendary goalkeepers – memories, tips, stories, plus ‘My First Gloves’
- Games, toys and memorabilia – from Subbuteo and Striker to Tonka and Corinthians
- Features on all the top brands – adidas, uhlsport, reusch, Coffer, Sondico, Sells…
- Secret goalies, from Arthur Conan Doyle and Che Guevara to David Icke
- The evolution of goalkeeping shirts, gloves, boots, training and thinking
- Memories of goalkeeping summer schools
- Fictional, cartoon, stand-in and endorsement-friendly keepers
- The dawn of modern goalkeeping, coaching and development
- The greatest ever saves, quotations, superstitions, blunders and Kids in Kit
- Budgie – and whether Goalkeepers are Crazy, or just Different…
Click here for more details, or to preorder Glove Story for a tenner.