WEIRD & WONDERFUL FOOTBALL SHIRTS
Pub date 30th March – in stock now!
Richard Johnson’s stunning exposition of iconic and unconventional football shirts includes countless never before seen in print. The A-Z showcases 240 groundbreaking classics and all the coolest curios – plus a glimpse into the future of football kit design. Order now and you’ll receive a bonus set of four limited-edition postcards.
The Got, Not Got Football Gift Book is a collector’s treasure trove in catalogue format, packed full of vintage goodies that will inspire a heady swirl of greed, envy and lust.
ALSO: Gary James’s Manchester City Folklore explores the club’s mythology. Simon Kimber & Gary Silke’s Can’t Buy That Feeling is the Best of The Fox Interviews. And Rob Stokes’ Glove Story is the Number 1 Book for Goalkeepers, Past & Present.
Richard Johnson’s long-awaited debut, The A-Z of Weird & Wonderful Football Shirts, will be published officially on 30th March. But we have copies in stock now, in advance of every other outlet.
Order now and you’ll be one of the first kids in your street to own a copy. For the regular RRP of £15 you’ll also receive a bonus exclusive set of four limited-edition W&W postcards – you can check them out in the Conker Shop!
From the first woollen jumpers to the latest ultra-light jerseys, football shirts have always been a huge part of a football club’s identity. Seeing your team take the field in their traditional colours instils a great sense of pride in a fan. But what if your heroes ran out looking like the Incredible Hulk, or as if they’d been skinned alive? How about a team of giant hotdogs, or 11 broccoli florets?
The A-Z of Weird & Wonderful Football Shirts showcases one man’s vast collection of the most iconic and unconventional offerings, spanning the 80s to the present day. It offers not only an overview of groundbreaking classics and all the coolest curios but also a glimpse into the future of football kit design.
Featuring countless shirts never before seen in print, here is a connoisseur’s collection of 240 show-stoppers – including the best of the 21st century’s new generation of shirts:
– Perfectly reflects today’s fast-expanding, ever-evolving market for collectable football shirts
– Includes all-time favourites by familiar manufacturers such as Adidas, Hummel, Le Coq Sportif and Puma – as well as their undervalued template shirts, second and third strips
– Jaw-dropping all-over-print design classics from the UK, Europe and all around the world – Peru, Indonesia, the USA, Mexico, the USSR, Japan, Australia and many more
– Unbelievable scratch ‘n’ sniff, rubberised, ‘onesie’ and reversible ‘goal celebration’ shirts
– Rare limited-edition tribute shirts and anniversary kits, one-off commemorative and charity shirts
– The laissez-faire all-over-print revolution, and the looming potential for any club to gain publicity, fans, column inches, sponsors and fast cash from kit sales. It’s the future for football shirts…
Click here to order The A-Z of Weird & Wonderful Football Shirts.
The Got, Not Got Football Gift Book is Hammond and Silke’s new vintage football catalogue, packed with tons of fab football stuff and delightful old rubbish from the good old 20th century. It’s a celebration of your mum’s old Kays/Grattans/John Noble flickfest, with sections including Kit, Tech, Food & Drink, Stickers, Clobber, Travel, Progs and more. A visual treat. A collector’s treasure trove. So get your felt pen out now and get ready to circle all your wants and needs! Plus – buy direct from Conker a get a free set of 9 (NINE) football cards
Do you remember the feeling you used to get, poring over the glossy pages of your mum’s mail-order catalogue, craving new football kit, cool games and hot tech? Now you can bask once again in that heady vintage swirl of greed, envy and lust. Don’t miss out on the flash white boots you always longed for. The Subbuteo teams of your dreams are finally within your grasp…
The Got, Not Got Football Gift Book is crammed with all the most desirable stuff of the past 50 years – not to mention a liberal sprinkling of delightful old rubbish that was once flogged to wide-eyed soccer kids. Seasoned with bittersweet stories from the lost world of football, its catalogue sections cover everything from must-have football fashions and classic console games to favourite sticker albums and comics.
Big and colourful, hilarious and hypnotic, the Gift Book provides a ready-made Christmas list for optimistic fans, triggering just the same heartfelt yearning as the irresistible Autumn/Winter catalogue of yore. Need! Need! Need!
THE GOT, NOT GOT FOOTBALL GIFT BOOK – Every Fan’s Catalogue of Desires
By Derek Hammond & Gary Silke
A4 Paperback – 168 pages – 30 September 2019
£16 with free set of nine football collector cards
On sale from this Friday at midday – a special limited edition gift bundle complete with a new Glove Story keyring!
They only cost £2.50 extra to the £10 cover price of the book, and this will be donated to the Willow Foundation (see article below) along with the usual author royalties.
If you’re a fan of the Got, Not Got books, a follower of Rob Stokes and his incredible collection of goalie gloves and memorabilia, or maybe on the lookout for a special birthday present for the goalie in your life, you might like a special Glove Story gift package.
So what do you get for your extra £2.50 on top of the regular £10 cover price?
- An exclusive limited-edition Glove Story key ring
- Your copy of the book will be personally signed by the authors
- An optional dedication. Your own birthday / Father’s Day / other message or greeting can also be added to the title page
If you’d like to receive a bespoke dedicated Glove Story, you just need to let us know the extra details.
1) Please use the ‘order notes’ field to enter the message you’d like added to the title page, including the name of the recipient.
2) It’s as simple as that!
Happy birthday to ‘The Cat’…
Can’t Buy That Feeling – Inside Leicester City is published on 16 July, and is available now to pre-order. Fully colour illustrated throughout, the book features over 100 star interviews taken from 30 years of The FOX.
Interviewees include Micky Adams, Alan Birchenall, Matt Elliott, Matty Fryatt, David Gibson, Lenny Glover, Muzzy Izzet, Pontus Kaamark, Andy King, Neil Lennon, Ian Marshall, Martin O’Neill, Frank O’Farrell, Sven Goran Eriksson, Jimmy Walsh, Frank Worthington and many more…
The FOX has been interviewing Leicester City players, managers, famous fans and board members for almost three decades, building up a body of work that takes you right into the very fabric of the club, with memories spanning the last 60 years.
As a City fan, you’ve come to know hundreds of players through their performance on the pitch, through potted career biographies and football sticker images. But what about the real characters behind the blue shirt and the back-page reports?
Can’t Buy That Feeling takes you inside Leicester City from the perspective of those who were there – behind the scenes at the long-running soap opera packed with moments of comedy and tragedy, triumph and disaster, silverware and financial ruin.
Read the best of The FOX interviews and you will discover:
- How it feels to score a last-minute winner at Wembley
- Who bore the brunt of Stan Collymore’s fire extinguisher
- How it feels to be a World Cup winner, and axed by Leicester City
- Which City star was run out of his local for moving to Leicester
- The identity of the City player who chased half the Chelsea team down the tunnel
- Players’ big-match memories, their real opinions of their bosses, team-mates and fans…
Gary James’s long-awaited new book, Manchester City Folklore: What Every Blue Needs to Know is now available.
Representing the fruits of six years’ research by the acclaimed Manchester football historian, City Folklore is a must-read for every fan of the club. Packed with colour images, it reveals countless new stories and insights into the mythology of Manchester City.
Manchester City Folklore reveals an incredible array of stories, true Blue moments and characters that helped shape the club. This is City’s DNA, originally researched and mapped by acclaimed historian Gary James.
Based on the popular feature in the official City programme, the book gets right to the heart of the club. Read Manchester City Folklore and you will discover:
- The latest exclusive research into the birth of the club – as told by a witness present at its formation in 1880
- How City chants started – from ‘Blue Moon’ to an anthem based on a ‘60s film
- Why Blue? The significance of City’s first colours and other kits
- The story of the Kippax
- The unique attributes of City’s great captains, comparing every major trophy-winning skipper
- Your own part in the story: records and facts demonstrating the loyalty of City’s fans
- Dozens more nuggets providing insights into City’s great history and status as a Mancunian institution stretching back to the 19th century
Gary James is the author of 16 books on Manchester football, and cares passionately about ensuring City’s story is properly recorded. Gary has been a season ticket holder since 1984, and a programme contributor since 1994.